Email marketing campaigns, the backbone of any good email or content marketing campaign is built on the framework of persuasion, Aristotle, and made over thousands of years.
10 Amazing Persuasive Writing Strategies that can very easily be applied to persuasive email marketing campaigns today.
Repetition: Repeat but don’t be repetitive. Make your point in several ways (a well-known strategy of rhetoric).
- State reasons why: The psychology of because primes your audience for action.
- Consistency: Right in line with the ethos of establishing your integrity online. Show up and be useful!
- Social Proof: The driving nature of approval and belonging.
- Comparisons: Metaphors, similes, and analogies that connect to things
- generally accepted as true.
- Agitate and solve: Identify the problem, then offer a solution.
- Prognosticate: Give a glimpse of the future based on good evidence.
- Go tribal: Seth Godin’s school of giving someone an exclusive
- chance to be a part of something really great.
- Address objections: Do your research so you know your audience’s objections before they do.
- Storytelling: The easiest way to sell anything is to tell a good story.
“We exchange information because it is useful or delightful, because it does something for us … language happens because humans are desire machines, and what knots desire and language is rhetoric.”
If you don,t have an email list yet, I highly recommend you get the PopupDomination Wordpress plugin which increase your opt-in by 400%.